What makes your website visitors stay for longer…
I recently came across this blog which I found very interesting so I’ve decided to share its content with you here.
Whether you are in the process of getting your website designed or updated, or whether you already have a website – check out these statistics.
I think you’ll be quite surprised by a number of them…
1. It takes about 50 milliseconds (that’s 0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they like your site or not, whether they’ll stay or leave
2. 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile
3. 85% of adults think that a company’s website when viewed on a mobile device should be as good or better than its desktop website
4. 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout are unattractive
5. 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience
6. 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load
7. 47% of users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time for an average website
8. 75% of consumers admit to making judgements on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design
9. It takes 2.6 seconds for a user’s eyes to land on the area of a website that most influences their first impression
10. Users spend an average of 5.94 seconds looking at a website’s main image
11. 70% of small business websites lack a Call to Action (CTA) on their homepage
12. If given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain.
13. First impressions are 94% design-related
14. The same study found that 46% of consumers in the study based their decisions on the credibility of websites on their visual appeal and aesthetics.
15. A study found that 94% of negative website feedback was design related
16. Nearly 8 in 10 customers would stop engaging with content that doesn’t display well on their device
17. According to Google, 61% of users are unlikely to return to a site on mobile if they had trouble accessing it and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead
18. 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important
19. Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to desktop conversion rates
20. 88% of consumers who search for a type of business on a mobile device call or go to that business within 24 hours
- You really don’t have very long to grab your readers attention
- Make sure your site is optimised! (Mobile/Tablet etc)
- Make sure your site looks visually appealing design-wise (eye catching!)
- Be sure that there is a clear call to action on every page of your website
- Make sure your graphics are small in size (but still great quality!) to ensure they load quickly
- Use features like video or interactive scrollers on your home page
If you’re in the process of a site rebrand or you need one built from scratch, give us a call. (01926 423170)
We offer website reviews, content refresh, full website rebrand, design and build.
Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.
Flamingo Marketing Strategies Ltd is a marketing agency in Leamington Spa. We work with small to medium-sized businesses, creating bespoke marketing ideas for B2B and B2C. If you are targeting a local audience, we won’t work with any other companies from the same industry within an agreed milage radius. If you’re targeting a national or international audience, we won’t work with any other companies from the same industry at all. Our job is to make sure we position YOU as the flamingo of your marketplace.